London Tube and National Rail updates – Easter w/e 3-6 April 2015

Here’s the link with information on the Easter weekend’s Tube closures. Another mostly quiet weekend for those who want to use the system.

See the Hot Link on this blog page for planned closures on the London Transport network thru August 2015. Click here for the latest info on accessibility improvements to London’s public transport.

There are multiple service outages on Easter weekend on National Rail. Click this link for more info.

Jubilee line – Friday thru Sunday – Waterloo to Wembley Park has no service. Easter Monday, Waterloo to Stanmore is shut.

Metropolitan line – no service until Tuesday between Aldgate and Northwood/ Uxbridge

DLR – Canning Town to Beckton is down on Saturday and Sunday

London Overground – closures Friday thru Sunday – Highbury & Islington to Shadwell as well as between Sydenham and Crystal Palace. Also, a late (8.30 am) Sunday opening on the line from New Cross Gate to West Croydon.  Complete closures on Sunday between Queen’s Park and Watford Junction as well as the stretch between Camden Road and Stratford.

Check the TfL link for some outages around Croydon on the London Trams. Trams? Dint even know they had trams. Wow.

Road closures and disruptions listed here.

FYI, the Barclays / Boris bikes are now branded with Santander; instead of blue, they are red. This and their logo popping up all over the world as they devour other banks, I wonder… is this how Spain dragged itself out of austerity? Much as I love Spain, I’m still not convinced that central London is safe enough for a cyclist.

Reminders –

Tottenham Court Road station – Central line trains will not stop here until early December 2015.

Covent Garden station – exit only until early November 2015; westbound trains will not stop here on weekends (keep on confusing those tourists!) I only hope I remember this if I’m in London before they’re done mooching around replacing those lifts.

This entry was posted in General magpie travel, London travel, News from Britain, UK news and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to London Tube and National Rail updates – Easter w/e 3-6 April 2015

1. pat spencer says:

Hi Suzanne I will be traveling in South of France and then UK in middle of September and October, any suggestions of places to see art and gardens?

• suzykewct says:

Hi Pat. Let me put on my thinking cap. I have a book called Secret Gardens of France which may have some ideas. My first research for museums shows that there are lots of them in Aix (en Provence) covering a wide range of artists and styles. If I visited Arles again, I’d want to see the ancient history museum; there is a new gallery devoted to Vincent Van Gogh, also in Arles.

• pat spencer says:

Thanks for the suggestions for Arles. If your Secret Gardens of France gives you any ideas for me, yes please.
        Pat

• suzykewct says:

Hi Pat. I apologize for the gardens posting. I didn’t visit any gardens when I visited Provence and thought the websites that included maps would be helpful since I didn’t know exactly where you’d be. On another note, will you be in London when I am there? (first 10 days or so in October. I have tickets for a couple of Rugby World Cup matches on the weekends). If so, please let me know!

• Pat spencer says:

I will be coming from France around the end of September and staying until 10/14/15, when I retrun to the USA, can we get together? I enjoy your spunk and inquiring mind and abilities

• suzykewct says:

I keep forgetting to reply to you. YES! Let’s get together when we’re both back from our adventures. November might be good if the weather isn’t totally stupid.

• Pat spencer says:

Great, I no longer live in Hicksville, I moved last year to an apartment in Port Washington and love the change in responsibility. However, when I go to Hicksville I drive past my house and happily see they are taking very good care of it.
                If I forget to contact you when I get back remind me, November is good.
                Pat

Tell me what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s